Dear Members, Partners and Friends,
These are certainly unprecedented times. Just last night we have heard that students will continue home schooling until the end of the academic year and Expo 2020 Dubai organisers are seeking a 12- month delay to the start of the programme. Businesses large and small are coming to grips with the need to evolve with daily changes and also prepare for continued uncertainty, experts advising for as long as 3-6 months. Families are establishing new norms and routines within the confines of their own homes.
As a membership organisation dedicated to bringing people together and fostering a network that delivers business opportunities, we know we must be creative about how we support our members in these challenging times. We continue to evolve, as those in our community do, and it was with this in mind that we have launched our webinar series “lunch with AusBG” and adapted our communication to reflect the embassy, regulatory, and current updates that our members need and have requested.
Our Lunch with AusBG webinar series has had an exceptional response with record event attendance. Our line up to date has included lunch with;
- Ian Halliday, Consul- General and General manager Middle East, Africa & Turkey, Austrade
- EMIR Live Webinar: Covid -19; Oil Price Crash; Geo-Pol
- Lee McMahon, Covid 19 and the Law
Our upcoming event will cover:
- Australian Expat Finance & Covid-19 Webinar: Markets, Currency, Property – What you need to know Tuesday 31 March 7.30pm. Click here to register
To keep up to date on our latest webinars please visit our website at www.ausbg.net/events.
In the coming week, we will be reaching out to members to ask how we can support each of you. It is our priority to understand what you need to hear from our network of embassy, government and state representatives and how we can keep you connected through our established contacts.
Other ways to stay connected as a member and support our community at this time include;
- AusBG membership Directory - Make new online connections and opportunities using the membership directory. Login on and updating your profile and reach out to other members.
- Support and save by accessing our member benefits, many businesses have online and home delivery options.
AusBG Member Benefits - Support and save by accessing out member benefits, many businesses have online and home delivery options.
Thank you to those who have been proactive in seeking support from us so far, we welcome the requests for support and information. We will continue to keep all of you up to date with the latest announcements whilst we all get through these times with the help and support of each other.
If you need support or information, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here to help and continue to connect Australians in any way we can,